Applications are still open!
- The MARC@UHM Program works with students to assist in their professional development and pairs them with labs and PIʻs where they learn and conduct research projects.
- MARC Scholars will conduct 20 hours of research during the Fall and Spring semesters while 40 hours during the summer research experience.
- Research topics are dependent on students’ interests and available mentors (See MARC @ UHM Mentors).
- Stipend while conducting research, tuition assistance, and funds for research supplies.
- Graduate school application preparation, Opportunities to publish and present research.
Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- US Citizens
- Undergraduate STEM students (2+ years left in degree program)
- Must be either from:
- Under-represented minority group
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged background
- Rural areas
- Other underrepresented groups in education and research
- For full eligibility criteria, refer to: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html
For more information:
Visit us at: https://marc-uhm.jabsom.hawaii.edu/overview/
Email us at email@example.com or Dr. Vivek R. Nerurkar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Angela Sy (email@example.com)
The MARC@UHM is funded through the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health Grant # 1T34GM141986
Rolling deadline for applications: December 1, 2022